Saturday, September 12, 2009

Interesting... Wow, is it Ever..No Nevermind

Ok so my blog title is pretty much just to catch your attention, because I have no idea where I'm going. I don't know if you've noticed but that's pretty much always the case. LOL

I am sure you would all like to hear more stories from my life here at college. So let's see... My psychology of adjustment class is interesting but there are somethings that get talked about that I go In it we have lots of diesel guys, this makes for an interesting class, as well. Last week we got to do a class activity. A statement was made and we had to move about the room to different sections representing whether we "Strongly Agreed" "Weakly Agreed" "Neutral" "Strongly Disagreed" or "Weakly Agreed". It was interesting to see where people stood on different social issues. I think most people where fairly conservative in there stance, to a degree. I think the class size is about 25 people.

Let's see what else. Oh, my roommate situation is going very well for those of you who are wondering after hearing my horror stories from last year. My roommate and I get along great.

So far my main instructor for the year is remarkably in a good mood, compared to last year. Which is great!!!! I have been having fun in the kitchen with all my classmates, it's almost like one big happy family! There are a couple people that I and everyone have to walk in a little extra grace with. This coming week is the first year's transition week into running the cafeteria kitchen. There is a grand total of 23 first years this year. For awhile no one knew what the final count would be. Every day it seemed they lost at least one and gained a couple more it was a little crazy at one point they had 27 students. My second year class is at 14 and two of them are transplants from previous first years. So starting on the 22nd of September, my class will all be moved over to the fine dining side and beginning to run the restaurant! I still can hardly believe that it's my second year of college!

As for activities outside of school, right now I go to the Edge on Thursday nights, which is fun. It's nice to actually know people this time around. :) Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Chi Alpha this year :( Despite the fact that they have it 2 days a week. I am a little bummed about that, but oh well. I do hang out with a couple of my classmates some evenings, which is an adventure all in itself. Of course one BIG consistent activity that I do is homework. It's not at lot of fun, but it contributes to a good grade so it is worth my time :) I am hopeing to be able to hang out with a couple of other people too. Oh and I might have a pampered chef party, that would be fun. There isn't a lot to do here in town, unfortunately.

Today I slept in! Yay!!! Then I lounged around for awhile, before running some errands. Don't tell her but I think I have my sister Sal's birthday present. Sshhh! I went to the mall (the term mall is an exageration) and checked out a couple things at JCPenney's. There is a hidden meaning in the previous sentence. I also had to go get gas and some groceries and gas at WallyWorld. I've been at work since 1 and I am getting a little tired of sitting here. It's not very exciting at all.

I'm not sure what else to blog about, tomorrow I'm going to church and then I need to clean my bathroom and do some minor cleaning in my bedroom. Oh and I should probably seriously spend some time on the next step of my Cost Control final. It's such a lot of work :P

Peace reigns, love wins and joy is in the house!

4 comments:

  1. i just wanted you to know that the label "seafood" that you put on your post has nothing to do with anything. did you know that? A birthday present? Already? I don't have one for you yet! your present may be getting that book bag fixed. OK seriously what do you want for your birthday? It's gonna have to be homemade because rebel wants me to pay for half of a strap for the 30-30 so there's no way I'm gonna be able to buy you anything this year. So give me a couple of options of things you want that I can make myself and I will see what I can do.

    ps everybody you should know that i took skygirls' profile picture. i just figured i should get the credit for such a perfect pictre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love your new profile photo! very pretty :-) glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sal we love Skygirl's profile pic!

    ReplyDelete