Thursday, January 22, 2009

It really works!

You know what you don't know what to pray but you know you need to because things just haven't been going right? Well just saying "God, help me" really works. Today went better than the rest of the week and I spent 12 hours of it in school. I probably whispered that prayer 20+ times today. I'm so glad I have God on my side! I really don't know what I would do otherwise.

This week just didn't feel like it went right, there were good parts. And I'm still not too sure about my IPC class.... I'm a more than a little concerned about the quiz today. Still with God all things are possible! I have strength for all things in Christ Who impowers me I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me; I am self sufficient through Christ's sufficiency, that's what I have to keep confessing over myself.

I am soooo thankful that today was my last day on bakery! It went really well considering the week it has been. Today we had a group of kids from Barnum came in and they got to get their hands dirty (or should I say clean) with helping do some bakery stuff. I hope they had fun and that I explained things well. Normally, I would try to get out of it and not enjoy it since I have to interact in a different way with people I don't know and yet I actually enjoyed it. All I can say is "thanks God." Then earlier this week I volunteered to work an evening function within the culinary program. It was kind of fun, pretty simple, yet time consuming. Afterwards we got to eat leftovers. It was prime rib, au gratin potatoes, a sauteed veggie medley, and cream of red pepper soup, with eclair type swans for dessert. The prime rib was amazing. Yes I know there are perks to being in the culinary arts program. My taste buds feel great, but my feet sure hurt. :) All day is was one class after another.

I am so glad for the fact that the Lord can help filter stuff, within our minds. A lot of people had a bad week, and when people are crabby they tell more dirty jokes and talk about soooo many things that I really don't want to hear about much less have it get stuck in my head. Sometimes the people I am around and the situations I am in just make my head spin.

This is probably long enough and I want to go do a couple things as well as get some sleep. Even though tomorrow is a day off, I need to go in and sharpen my knives, not a lot of fun. I am looking forward to going to a young adult group at a nearby church tomorrow night. I'm not sure what all this semester is going to hold, much less this weekend. I am so thankful that God is on my side!

2 comments: