Friday, January 30, 2009

Awesome God

Today has been a blessed day. I am continually amazed at the goodness of the Lord when I follow Him. It can be so hard to explain how I see and feel and just know that He has His hand on things. His timing is so awesome. Most of the time for me it's not really big "happenings" it's the small things, that all come together to create the big picture. So much of the time I get so impatient, I want things to happen in my time the way I want them too. Yet when my Father God orchestrates things with His favor involved.... There is absolutely no way to describe how exhilarating and incredible it feels, to have things happen and just know that it was Him. To think He cares for me so much that He reveals Himself in a hundred million ways over and over again. Things like money for school, a dream, a simple conversation, favor from my employer, a sudden remembrance of something that is needed, learning something new about someone, going to the laundry room at the perfect time, or just being somewhere you need to be at the just the right time. I love going through the day and all the sudden it hits me that what just happened was totally and incredibly God.

There are those days that I get discouraged, nothing goes right, I have terrible conversations, I do something wrong, or it's just a really bad day. The last month has been tough. But I know when the joy of the Lord is my strength those bad days don't come as often and when they are over they don't constantly nag at me. I just have to remember to enter into that joy. When God's on my side anything is possible. I have struggled with so much in the last year with so many things and there have been so many changes and so many curve balls thrown at me. I don't think I could have made it this far or keep on going without the continually realizing that I really am self sufficient only because of Christ's sufficiency. That I am infused with the anointed one's inner strength and living under His grace ( God's power and ability in me to do what He's called me to do). I don't think I would survive much less thrive without God in my life and I'm not sure how people live without Him. I still have a lot to learn on how to rely totally and completely on Him. But I am so totally willing to learn because every time I experience Jesus Christ's presence in my life, it's a miracle that I can't and refuse to live without. The cry of my heart is to constantly know that I am pursuing and living out my destiny so that I can truly be all that He has called me to be, because only than will I truly be fulfilled and satisfied.

3 comments:

  1. Kjeresten, your blog really inspires me:-)
    Have a great weekend!
    -Kiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I have had a weekend. Thanks for the blog...it helps me be less discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is a great reminder of how awesome God is. You are a big encouragement to everyone who reads it.

    ReplyDelete