Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A week in my life

I really wonder where my life is going... The days either go by way to fast or way to slow, I'm not sure which it all depends on what time I am contemplating the speed of the day. Anyways, right now I am working 2 jobs, both are on campus, since I want the flexibility of school holidays and jobs are really hard to find right now. I enjoy both jobs, I for the most part enjoy school, I enjoy my life here too. Yet I keep finding this inexpicable discontentment and this desire for life just to speed up, so that I can be done with everything here. Maybe it's spring fever, I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that it's not right, I really need to enjoy where I am at on the way to where I'm going. I don't want to rush through life and at the end find that I could have enjoyed it a lot more as well as doing a lot more. I don't know...

I'm feeling a little more confident about my IPC class. Which is good. I really would like to do well in both "non-culinary" classes this semester. I figure just showing up and doing my absolute best is the best way that I can get a good grade. I had to work last night so I tried to get the majority of my homework done on Sunday night, so that I had it done, but Monday morning came and I still had some reviseing to do. I didn't get done with work until 9:30 p.m. though so I had to come back and finish it at like 10:30 pm and then I had to get up at like 5:30 am so that I study for the quiz today. Work last night was good, it was the college's movie night and so I get to sit in and watch the movie "Miracle" it's about a hockey team winning the olympics in 1980 it was pretty good. the whole time I watched it I was like praying little popcorn prayers. It was kind of inspiring. There were just little things that kept reminding me of traits that I really desire in life. It was a good time between me and the Lord. I suppose that I could have sat out and studied, but you know what it was really nice to be able to sit back and just communicate with my Father God. And I feel that I did pretty well on the quiz and the assignment. I won't know for sure until the instructor hands them back, but still I have confidence in the Lord flowing through me to help me do my best.

My life is definitely not perfect here, I hope that I'm not portraying things like my life is perfect and I have a perfect relationship with God. There are times that I really want to scream, cry, yell and just not be here. I struggle way too much with way too much.

Well I'm not really sure what the point of this blog is. I guess I just wanted to write. I have some homework to do and some work study to do

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging, Skygirl!
    I really enjoy reading about whats been going on with you:-)
    Hey, I have a cooking question for you.
    How do you make chocolate chip cookies that aren't incredibly fluffy, but aren't too flat either? it seems someone always complains that my cookies are one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you see that you want to enjoy where your at! i didn't discover that until the last few years! i spent way too much time dwelling on where i wanted to go.
    i am so proud of the awesome woman you are becoming!! keep laboring to enter into that rest. i know you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tagging you if you don't mind.
    Go you my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete