Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grateful.....

I am so grateful for my dad and my mom! This weekend was tough. I got blindsided with "stuff" a huge mind battle with the side effects of discouragement, grumpiness, crankiness, frustration, irritation, and a sense of just oppression. I fought really hard, then I decided I had to call my dad and he prayed with me and I felt freeer and I had a good evening. Then today I got hit with a lot of emotion. Again I called my parents they walked me through and prayed with me. It was a hard weekend for me and not a lot of fun. I am very thankful that I have people that I can go to when I'm struggling and can't do it on my own. I am determined and confessing that this week will be my best week in a month. The joy of the Lord is my strength. I have also been trying to listen to some of my really good music that I really know by heart and that has helped too.

Music is powerful. It played a big part in my attitude and me getting through my teen years at home. It's helped to settle things in my heart, served as a reminder, helped me through the bad times and the good times. There are days I struggle to press in and connect with the Lord and the one thing that has always worked to get me in a tune with the Lord is music. I love my music!

Anyways I need to work on some homework, fill out an application, tidy up before the week starts and maybe start some seeds.

Life is good and getting better! Hallelujah!!!!

6 comments:

  1. freer? Skygirl I think you need a dictionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I meant freeer (LOL!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitly know what you mean. Music helps me tons too.
    It's like when I break down and my emotions are everywhere, music is something I can kinda fall back on.
    I really like your new playlist!!!
    Have you ever heard "Let it Out" by Pillar?
    Or how about "Rewind"?
    I've been praying 4 u!!!!
    -Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sis. i'm commenting again! still mad? lol Grandma's coming for dinner. i am supposed to make dessert. the problem is I don't know what to make. uh-oh. the clean laundry is chasing me yelling that it wants to be folded. scary. gtg. ttyl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way I made cream puffs.

    ps never change your playlist. it rocks. you have a bunch of my favorite songs that I rarely get to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those clothes really want to be folded!You better protect the cream puffs.I like music a lot to.It is nice to lisen to well your doing dishes.

    ReplyDelete